When it comes to fuel efficiency, drivers have some control. Keeping your car in top condition, being aware of engine health, and cutting down on wasteful habits can all go a long way in terms of maintaining high gas mileage. But fuel efficiency can also vary by make and model — and certain cars are riding ahead of the pack. Below are five new Japanese cars that boast high fuel efficiency.
- Toyota Prius 3: It probably comes as no surprise given their reputation, but it’s hard to beat a Prius when it comes to gas mileage. At 52 miles per gallon overall, Toyota Prius lives up to its principles of efficiency and low running costs. The car can also run on electric at certain speeds and has a quiet engine.
- 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Quiet and compact, the Toyota Camry has always prided itself on being a reliable ride. It’s also one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market, with the Toyota Camry Hybrid boasting a 52 MPG overall. It also has a powerful engine and just enough trunk space. The combination of reasonable size alongside a strong engine makes it no surprise that this car’s so fuel efficient.
- 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid: At 48 MPG overall, the new Honda Accord hybrid is one of the best in its class when it comes to fuel efficiency. It’s also outfitted with a spacious interior, a luxury style, and advanced safety tech features, such as adaptive cruise control.
- 2018 Honda Clarity: Able to go 47 miles on only electricity before its powerful engine kicks in, don’t let this Honda brand’s small size make you underestimate its power. It’s one of the top options on the market as far as fuel efficiency goes.
- 2017 Nissan Rogue Hybrid: At 34 miles per gallon overall, this Nissan hybrid isn’t top of its class in terms of fuel efficiency, but it still boasts very impressive gas mileage. It’s also one of the bigger cars on the list so, given its size, it’s impressive that the car still manages to boast such a reasonable MPG.
When it comes to keeping your car fuel efficient, a professional mechanic can help. The need for regular auto maintenance is a key part of responsible car ownership that can pay off when it comes to gas mileage. Skipping maintenance or trying to take on repairs at home can have costly unintended consequences. That’s why you should contact us here at LexService. We have ASE certified mechanics and technicians in Torrance and Artesia for Nissan, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, and other Japanese vehicles.