The latest trends in the automotive world are built on advanced technology, brand-new features, and crucial safety initiatives. Every automaker wants to be a trendsetter and stand at the forefront of the industry. They’re looking to set their models apart and keep drivers excited. What is Toyota up to in 2019? Here are a few of the trends for this leading brand and what it means for your car’s maintenance needs:
1. Safety Sense: In 2019 Toyota’s commitment to safety will remain strong with Safety Sense, an advanced pre-collision system designed to reduce the likelihood of crashes. These upgrades include pedestrian detection, lane departure alerts, and Radar Cruise Control. As with any computer-based car feature, you’ll want to make sure this software remains updated and functional — so make sure you ask about it during inspections and remain aware of any concerning notifications on the user interface. Our mechanics at LexService can help answer these questions when you visit us in Torrance or Artesia.
2. Stylish interiors: With redesigned interiors across Toyota models, you’ll be in for a drive that feels lush and upscale. An emphasis on fluid dashboard schemes helps you easily find everything you need and advanced climate control ensures you’ll be comfortable no matter the weather. Climate control systems aren’t easily fixed on your own, so make sure you see a professional if you think your system is under performing or broken.
3. Advanced integrations: With more mobile devices constantly at our fingertips, drivers are looking for a way to safely get the most out of their technology even when they’re on the roads. These integrations are useful — so you’ll want to make sure they’re working well and not draining your battery. See a professional if you feel Toyota’s Apple Car Play integration isn’t working, as this feature enables you to safely get directions, make calls, and send messages without taking your hands off the wheel.
4. Camera technology: It feels like every year the camera technology cars are outfitted with becomes more and more advanced. For Toyota, 2019 is no different. The digital rearview mirror in the Rav4 is particularly exciting, giving you a wider field of vision so that you can better avoid accidents. Rearview mirrors are prone to damage, no matter the model, so make sure you see a professional about getting it fixed so that you can continue to navigate safely.
5. Plenty of sedan options: As SUVs continue to rise in popularity, more and more car brands are lowering their investment in more compact sedans. But not when it comes to Toyota. In addition to their SUVs, Toyota still remains committed to their Camry and Corolla models, two of the most popular sedans on the market. Sedans and SUVs have different maintenance needs — so make sure you go to a professional who can cater to the needs of your car.
Contact the experts at LexService and they can answer any question you might have about maintenance for your Toyota or other Japanese vehicle in Torrance, Harbor City, Los Angeles and Artesia. They also offer service, maintenance, and repairs on all Japanese car models, in case you do think it’s time to visit a professional. Don’t just drive safe — drive smart!