Pre-owned cars are a great option for drivers on a budget. Young drivers who are new to the roads often turn to used cars as their first car of choice given the marked down price and Honda is a particularly good choice for used cars given their durability.
Because used cars are a bit older, they have particular maintenance needs. The Japanese car specialists at LexService in Los Angeles are here to help you along the way so that you can drive safely and confidently in your used car. Here’s what you should know:
- Make sure your Honda is certified and has been rigorously inspected. To become a certified pre-owned car, Hondas must pass a comprehensive safety test. No reputable car dealer will sell you a pre-owned car that isn’t certified. Still, it might be worth getting a safety inspection after buying your car to be absolutely sure it’s safe.
- Not buying from a dealer? LexService can help. If you’re buying from an individual owner instead of a used car dealer, the Japanese car mechanics at LexService can inspect the individual’s car to insure it’s safe.
- Ask for a test drive. Even a car that has been rigorously inspected still might not be the right car for you. Ask the dealer if you can’t take the car for a test drive. You might find the car has a few minor flaws that could be fixed through repairs after you buy the car.
- How many miles has your Honda been driven over the years? This will give you a good indication of the wear and tear this car has experienced. An engine that’s driven 20,000 miles will be a bit more vulnerable to malfunction than one fresh off the factory floor. Be aware of these differences and don’t hesitate to see the car experts at LexService if you think your engine is running into problems.
- Do your research. Cars have vehicle identification numbers. You can look this used car up using this identification number to access more information. Knowing where it was originally sold, for instance, might indicate what conditions the car drove in for most of its life. If the Honda was originally driven in a cold snowy climate, you may need to keep a closer eye on the car’s tires to ensure they aren’t too worn down.
Contact the experts at LexService and they can answer any question you might have about maintenance for your used Honda or other Japanese vehicle in Torrance, Harbor City, Los Angeles and Artesia. They also offer service, maintenance, and repairs on all Japanese car models, in case you do think it’s time to visit a professional. Don’t just drive safe — drive smart!