There are many reasons you should leave most car maintenance to professionals. For one, cars are full of metal and glass, so attempting a repair at home if you’re untrained can be a genuinely dangerous proposition. Furthermore, cars are literal well-oiled machines, carefully engineered with complementary parts that keep you on the road safely. Incorrectly performing a certain maintenance task can have an impact on other parts of your vehicle—potentially turning a cheap car-care task into an expensive full-scale repair job. When dealing with Lexus maintenance and repairs, these are five tasks you should always leave to the experts:
- Replacing Tires: Though this might seem easy enough in theory, lots of professional-grade equipment is needed to correctly replace a tire. Different makes and models of Lexus need different tires, so it’s important to consult with a professional to make sure you have a tire that works well for your Lexus model.
- Overheating: While certain repairs involving the heating and cooling of your Lexus can be safely handled at home, this is a task that ultimately deals with your car’s engine. Such tasks are very risky and can cause significant damage to your car’s overall performance if done incorrectly, so always have a task like this done in a shop.
- Cosmetic/Body Work: Almost everyone’s car has had a scratch or dent in their car. It’s one of the most frustrating car problems because it seems like it’d be easy to fix. Unfortunately any sort of body work on a car is fairly involved and trying to do it yourself can often lead to your car looking worst. This kind of thing is best left to the pros.
- Timing belt replacement: Lexus models have very reliable timing belts, but you’ll still want to get yours replaced every 90,000 miles or so. If it’s time for a replacement or your timing belt is acting up, this is something that’s best left to a car care expert, as the timing belt requires some disassembly of the engine. As we said before, any maintenance task involving the engine gets into murky territory due to the engine’s complexity and its essential function in your car.
- Fuel System Repairs: The Lexus brand touts a strong and reliable fuel system, though sometimes you might need to fix a fuel pump. If so, this is always best left to Lexus car maintenance professionals. The fuel system of your Lexus is highly complex. Tinkering with it or trying to fix any issues yourself could cause problems for your entire car. It’s also full of hot liquid, so the risk of potential burns means this is something amateurs should avoid.
The need for regular maintenance or unexpected repairs is an unavoidable reality that comes with responsible car ownership. Skipping maintenance or trying to take on repairs at home can have costly unintended consequences. That’s why you should contact us here at LexService. We have ASE certified mechanics and technicians in Torrance and Artesia for Nissan, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, and other Japanese vehicles.